PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Presidential Helicopter Bid (and Result)
Old 28th Jan 2005, 22:18
nimby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... I'm biased, but ...

I've had hopes for this day since I saw the enthusiasm Lockheed Martin had for the product. I've worked with salesmen for years, but these guys spoke with the evangelical enthusiasm of true believers.

It's a great honour and responsibility to fly any Head of State and doubly so when the country involved is a much respected ally. In the past AgustaWestland has had the priviledge of providing and supporting Her Majesty's helicopter fleet, transport for the Italian President and VVIP aircraft for other nations. (Ironically, most of these aircraft were based on Sikorsky products, but much improved to meet the higher level requirement of the role). I'm confident my colleagues will follow in the footsteps of their forebears and discharge their role within this Lockheed Martin programme dilligently and with pride.

I am also confident that whilst either platform would have done the job, the US101 will do it better. I have stood in it, it's roomy, classy, robust, clever and has real presence ... Just what the Commander in Chief needs. (Huge presence - You should have seen 6 EH101s in tight formation over Yeovil during the development programme!)

On a very parochial note, I am also very pleased that a number of jobs are secured here, and many more created throughout the USA. Well done Team US101.

Nimby, Yeovil