PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pay in ryr ops
Thread: pay in ryr ops
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2005, 08:28
DK338

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vol 7,

Thanks for your vote of confidence, clearly my rant does not outline my frustrations well enough.

First, it helps if you have an enthusiasm for your job, I'm not endorsing the 'spotter' mentality, but to be any good at what you do you must care about it or, or one day you'll kill someone. There is a world of difference between being enthusiastic and an enthusiast.

Second, the main reason we all go out to earn a crust is to enjoy a standard of living, for me to accept an 8K job when my current salary is 33K is a step back too far methinks. However, as I said earlier I am prepared to make the appropriate sacrifices, but within reason. Rememeber the Stansted area is not a cheap place to live!

Third and foremost I have many years in aviation ops in a wide variety of extremely demanding roles worldwide and have at no point felt the job beneath me as you infer. Furthermore, I find your comments offensive and would suggest to you that you be less judgemental and refrain from lurching off at the deep end making wild assumptions about people until you are fully cogniscent with them and more importantly much, much better experienced in man management as clearly this is an area you are bereft.

You do not know me, my circumstances, experience or knowledge.