PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-What is Balpa for...??
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2005, 23:50
80ktsboth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
excrab,

Unfortunately i don't think that's going to be an angle to work from. The Cabin Crew increase was to bring them up to minimum wage!! But it is worth a try!

....and surely Waveman, the fewer the people in Balpa the weaker our position. I joined Balpa a year or so ago and yeah i'm unhappy about the way they've gone about representing us but i don't see the IPA being the way forward. It's taken quite some time to get 60% in the union and it will take even longer for everyone to change to the IPA so where would that leave us in the meantime. Without a voice at all i reckon.

At the moment, it's my humble opinion that Balpa is the lesser of two evils (the IPA isn't the other!) and i'm prepared to take the financial hit of subscription in the hope that we'll make headway in the immediate future.

So Balpa have screwed up, we won't be the first airline that's happened to and we won't be the last. Surely our time would prove more productive by actually taking the time to tell them what we do want......right a letter, have a base meeting whatever it takes to get it right. Let's try and make our investment work.

Getting out of Balpa will only serve to lend power to the Dark side of the force....don't be afraid Luke!