PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-What is Balpa for...??
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2005, 19:43
excrab

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Nedul,

I never intended to suggest that any pay deal should ignore F/Os pay on either fleet - I just picked the captains scales as they were the first that I saw on the web site.

As a stalwart Balpa member for years before joining flybe (or JEA as it was) I find it sad that I have to agree about the lack of canvassing of members before the pay deal was put to the company - in fact even now I have seen nothing official from Balpa about what it is although the 4.7% rumour seems to be fairly widespread so must have come from somewhere. However I did hear that the cc were told by management that anything more than this couldn't be considered as they would have to offer the same deal to all employees (ie cabin crew, office and engineers) to avoid being divisive - if that is the right word. They then promptly approved a 30% rise to the cabin crew which might perhaps give grounds for Balpa to go and ask for more.

It would also be interesting to know exactly what Balpa have asked for apart from the money, as they are supposedly negotiating conditions as well as terms - any ideas?