PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-What is Balpa for...??
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2005, 15:01
excrab

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
P-J 2

Apologies for using the wrong figures, but I can't see why the pay rise you suggest should be a problem. After all we got a substantial payrise on the dash last time, when the salaries were seriously behind the competition; so why not now have a pay submission that favours the jet, maybe bringing the salaries up over a couple of years (7% per year, for example) with a guarantee that the tp salaries would increase in line with inflation and be reviewed in the third year.

Iron Curtain,

I find your definition of loyalty interesting. There are F/Os from the jet who I flew with when they first joined the company as tp F/Os with 200hrs who are leaving. So how does that make them more loyal to the company than I am as a dash pilot? Loyalty should be rewarded by having a sensible payscale for both fleets which was at least equal to the competition, and then increasing the increment for years served to make it more worthwhile.

As far as 146 captains leaving, the same argument applies as to turboprop pilots - if they want to fly longhaul for Virgin or Emirates,or charter instead of schedule, it doesn't matter how much they are paid (realsitically) the desire for life style change will still make them leave eventually. That will only change when the company gets some decent jets (not Avro RJs or old 737s) and pays the going rate for flying those.

Finally regarding the jet pilots on the company council issue, when there had to be a re-election of cc members last year only one person who wasn't on the cc stood for election and that was a turboprop pilot - so if there are that many jet pilots out there feeling under represented why weren't all their names on the ballot papers?