PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-What is Balpa for...??
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2005, 12:35
80ktsboth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nedul,

There is indeed a full-time jet jockey on the council. (not me!)

One of the bases recently had a meeting with the Balpa reps to discuss the wage increase. General feeling was that as we are now being compared to Ryanair and Easyjet and that we are flying similar routes to them that we should also get paid like them.

However, the pay submission is now in and in the hands of Flybe. Its a bit too late to change the submission but not too late for the Balpa reps to hear your views. I suggest that you arrange a base meeting with them to air your concerns. They seemed more than happy to meet with everyone if given the opportunity to do so.

flybe is currently 60% unionised and 40% not. I know that there are people not in Blapa who have views and grumbles concerning Flybe. If they want to get heard i suggest they join Balpa because that's the way it works.

And as for Balpa's failings well i think that's both parties faults. They don't know what to ask for if they don't hear from the workers. Conversely, perhaps yearly base meetings would aid communication.

I too feel underpaid and underloved and this summer is going to be a doozie what with all the resignations. The only thing we can hope for this year is that Flybe recognises its own failings and steps up the package to try and retain some of its staff.......is that a pig i saw float past my window?!