PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who wants an ASIO screening test?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2005, 11:38
hadagutful

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunfish Stinks ???

OK Sunfish,

RE: Aviation Transport Security (Amendment) Bill 2004

I don't know what part you play in aviation but there is something very smelly about your logic OR BLOODY LACK OF IT !!!!!
I have noticed your inferences on this subject on other sites.
How can you even infer that we pilots should be selected from the community at large and checked out 3 or 4 times by ASIO, CIA, ONA, or any other security organisation that has the inclination and on top of that be made to pay for it! Why I ask are we such a possible terrorist threat ?

Firstly, I would suggest that we are NOT any more of a security risk than any other sub-sector of society, in fact I would say a lot less. What about truck drivers (gee one of them could carry a few ton of explosives up to Parliament House, why do you think they are building at great PUBLIC expense, a truck proof wall around the big white building in Canberra ?)

Hey, what about taxi drivers......boat drivers.....cars packed with explosives (weapon of choice in Baghdad at present)........etc. etc.

I think I make my point. OK then, let them do a security check on us, what will it prove.
As for having to pay for it directly, that's a low act because it is a community problem, not a pilot fraternity problem.

I can tell you this, in my opinion this is just political "terrorism" at it's worst.
The legislation dreamed up by fatcat beauracrats and passed by screaming pollies in the House absolutely stinks.
The legislation is f.......g crap and we should FIGHT it.

Yes, we need to work with government and public servants wherever possible but AOPA is there to represent our interests and rights, so if the elected politicians can't see what is fair and reasonable then we should tell them.

I fear it may be too late but as long as they get the message.