PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAAF Harvard in USA
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2005, 09:35
francois marais

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skaz, good to hear you're still alive and well. Send some news to me at [email protected]

When the Harvards were decommissioned from the SAAF, they were put out on bid. Apart from the few (I think 10) that the Harvard Club of SA retained, some were sold to private buyers in SA, and some were sold to buyers all over the world.

During November of 1993, the SAAF at Langebaan Weg packed 7 Harvards in containers for shipment to Chilé for an Airshow. After the airshow, all 7 went to the USA. I've got stacks of pictures of these dismantled T6's lying on the hangar floor at Langebaan Weg ready to be containerized, but I don't know how to post the pictures here. I will check if GUNZZ can help, and I will also check on the number for you.

Next time you see it, do a close up inspection of the machine, as somewhere on the the fuselage, should be its N registration in small letters. If you can get the N registration, then we can tell you who owns it. Maybe you can even organise yourself a ride in it as a fellow South African.

Love to the wifey and mail some news. Best regards!