PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is going on at EZY?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2005, 09:20
smellster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The five blocks of leave have been retained (OK, one is five GDOs, but so what? You still don't go to work!)
Yes, but no but...... the five Guaranteed Days Off will be claimed back off each of the next block of 4 days off so you will be on 5 2 5 3 for a while. So it's not really leave is it?

Plus what are the chances of getting 5 GDOs in a row apart from in the middle of October?

I'm leaning towards the no vote for a number of reasons:

1. Very selfish I know, but I don't like early mornings, five of them in a row will be a killer for me, I don't care what anyone else says. I know my body's limitations from a previous incarnation as a night freight dog, and it's early mornings. I don't have a problem with the current transition from early to lates. Plus at my current base looking back I'm effectively working 5 on 4 off as there is normally a unworked standby or contactable in each block, yet I still manage around 90-95 hours in a full months work.

2. Losing a block a leave is not good, and GDOs certainly do not count.

3. There's too many ifs and buts, and caveats in the protocol, all in the favour of the company.

4 I don't appreciate being bullied into voting for something just because there is the threat of random rostering.

5. I honestly think the trial should be carried on until the end of the summer to see how it holds up.

Anyone who thinks that by voting in the currently proposed system and then working on the company to improve it is kidding themselves.