PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA cadet pilot (Merged - Again!).
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2005, 01:45
TinyBrain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woohoooo.. Good luck JM26 and JessieBlue

Hey JM26,

Wow, Stay cool buddy.. I guess u must be waiting patiently for 11.30am now??.. hehe.... Time-check, 10.45am, 45mins to go..
Do keep us posted man!! Really hope both you and Blue gets in.

Actually, getting thru` to second round, you are halfway there.. It's not a matter of competition with the rest of the candidates anymore but how you can prove yourself to be a pilot wannabe I think. Coz` there are some batches that had all 10 candidates make it thru` while mine had only 5.

Once again, GOOD LUCK dude! -TinyBrain

Hii Susheel,
To the best of my knowledge, hope it helps:

1) how often is the selection process??? once every 2 months?
Brain's feel: I think almost every month/week, And it's an ongoing process. About 30 interviewees per 1st interview.. And 10 during the 2nd and final interview/test.

2) Is there a long wait between the handing in the application to till they call u up? From what i read its between a week to a couple of years? better to email everything to them or post it?
Brain's Ans: I submitted by email in Sept and received the response in Dec. Important will be the application form. The rest of the documents; transcript, NS COS, dip/deg etc will be asked to bring during your first interview.

3) What sort of questions do they ask???...ie..what do u wanna fly,how many engines does a 744 have, explain how a jet engine works...etc
Brain's Ans: Everything up sky to earth and even down underwater. Majority of my qns revolves around my NS and if you have those knowledge of a/craft, it'll show your keen interest in aviation.

4) What do u think they expect from u from the 1st interview?
Brain's feel: Just be yourself and answer truthfully.

5) What do they expect from the other interviews??? What sort of questions do they ask???
Brain's feel: 2nd round is not so much of competing I think. But how you can work in team and how you can manage stress and pressure. I had my final interview qns about the same as the 1st.

6) What is ecpected of u during the tea party??
Brain's ans: Release yourself from the tension and expose your reality. Chat with the interviewers and ask them relevant qns or experiences.

The above are only my shallow knowledge and what I had experienced. It has no way in one or another represent any airline's stand.

Last edited by TinyBrain; 27th Jan 2005 at 02:14.