PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA reply to PPRuNe email re TVL.
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2005, 21:38
Mainframe

Check Attitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cream Puff and Sunfish

CP,
Thank you for your reassurance that the system has checks and balances.

Yes, when you have been genuinely wronged and can afford to be properly represented,
there is a strong possibility that the AAT will uphold your appeal.
This has happened for some of the wronged, no doubt about it.

HOWEVER, this costs buckets of money and the AAT does not award costs.

So we have a system that permits a government department to act improperly, unethically or what you will,
and an appeal tribunal that can restrain the effects of such activity.

The person and his government department that initiates the misconduct is taxpayer funded.

The defendant or applicant must personally fund the appeal (defence against misconduct),
and when the decision is handed down, there is no restitution, nor awarding of costs.

The offenders can then launch another taxpayer funded foray for their personal pleasure, often against the same entity.

If you work for the governement, this is a great system,
costs you nothing and you act with impunity.

For the victim, this process will see your cash reserves rapidly depleted, and no matter how much is spent,
there will be no compensation for that amount even if you are proven right.

As blatant lying and dishonesty often appears as the stock in trade of CASA,
it would seem that BB needs to introduce, and enforce, a Code of Conduct that has a strong Ethical flavour.

No wonder this has been CASA's playground for a long time.

SF,
You are on the right track with regard to the calibre and quality of CASA potential employees.
Nothing much can be done about the some of the misfits that crept in when no one was looking.

I don't have a serious problem with ex Mil, Ex APNG, ex RFDS/Flying school,

PROVIDED that they can substantiate a successful PREVIOUS aviation career.

That some of the present crop has an impressive history of failure and lack of achievement
is cause for concern, primarily because these attributes may be precursors to latent
psychological problems that will manifest themselves as behavioural problems
when implanted in an unaccountable environment, as we have seen happen.

The wording "or Military equivalent" should be interpreted with greater scrutiny.
BB and the AM have impressive and credible achievement records although from a military background
and I am more than comfortable with that. Others, definitely not.

I am not comfortable with under achievers with questionable backgrounds be they
Ex Mil, Ex RFDS, Ex Flying School, Ex APNG or whatever.

Ultimately BB needs respected professionals to deal with the respected professionals in the industry.

Industry expects to deal at a peer level, not as a paroled convict dealing with a police officer.

And lastly Sunfish, I share your optimism with regard to the problem that didn't exist being fixed.

However, I will fully believe it when the vocation redeployment of Batman and Robin
(The "Illustrious Leader" and his besotted "Pinnochio") has actually been implemented.

Only then, with the cancerous growth excised, can this office and the AM move forward.