PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turbulators on Helicopter Blades ?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2005, 19:11
zeeoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Dave,
for airfoil data, i plan to plot myself some values, coming from an array, like you did on the vR7 data on your site (yes i read it sometimes ).

I dont need an universal alrorithm, only some airfoils like VR7b, VR9, VR5, OA213(similar to VR12),B29-root , so, i think i will "hard" code the data, based on Bezier splines, i will "build" the curve my self trying to be as close as the original, doing so, i can have an interpolated (quite precise) data.

do you think i can interpolate between the CL of 2 given airfoils at the same AoA ? for example from 0.50 to 0.58, giving 0.54 ?

What i want tyo do is calculate the lift not in hover, but with a disk pitch and a relative wind (speed).
then , if i get it working, i will compute the vectors for each "slice" of the blade and will have an approx of the autorotation capabilities.

I can easily have a 3D interface, could be interesting.

then why not the calculation of the moments, centrifugal loads, and maybe compute the coning and the sissors load at the root.
and why not imput a kind of hinge elasticity , and why not a pitch imput... and why not...
i can get busy thill the summer

what do you think ?

I will never be 100% acurate (no method is), so i will deal with some approx.

BTW do you know if Prouty's book has been released in french?

thanks

Last edited by zeeoo; 26th Jan 2005 at 19:48.