PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet's bias against A320 pilots
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2005, 09:36
Ambulance 'Charlie Alpha'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi all,

I just recently had a sim check on the 757 for my new employer. Never flown a Boeing or anything larger than 34 seats for that matter. They were also recruiting for both Bus and Boeing drivers using the same sim.

Their philosophy is that the Boeing sims are possibly the only time in your career with them if you go the Airbus route, that they can see you demonstrate the pure, raw, basic skills that you possess to aviate, navigate and communicate. They want to see silly things like showing that you can actually trim an aeroplane in response to power-pitch changes, whether you can fly a raw NDB profile with just a needle and no map etc. They want to see whether you're a pilot and not just a systems manager.

They have also turned down a number of pre-rated, "I can fly it already so I have a devine right to that job" pilots. As many have already stated here, it's all about attitude and a desire to show that you have the basic skills we all had when we started out in this crazy little industry.

However, that is just one company out of many. I'm sure that there are many other companies out there that would take direct entry type-rated pilots without such sim checks, just not these ones. If you don't like it....don't go.

ACA