PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2005, 00:11
BigSteve81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

Well, aint been on here for few days people so I thought I would just say a few words after I read AEROsmithy's post on what people who were still training are doing now.

I had my first lesson at Teeside on Sunday (BigSteve ducks behind chair to avoid the sharp objects being thown in his direction...hehe).
Joking aside, I couldn't wait any longer, just had to get back up in the air, and I didn't want to wait too long and end up forgetting everything I'd been taught so far (although it seems the many alcohol abusing sessions in the name of christmas may have done that already).
But don't worry all, I will be back at the NAC if things make a turn for the better.

To put things in perspective regarding landing fees etc putting people off using Newcastle that has been mentioned in previous posts by others. On Sunday at Teeside I was up for 50mins just having a fly around, getting back into the swing of things (a few turns, stalls, getting to know the area etc.), went back to the airport and did a touch n go and a landing and the whole thing cost me 81 quid. I was one of the people that got caught out with the on peak/off peak fees at Newcastle and spent an hour in the circuit in October which cost me over 220 quid, which if I recall the prices correctly almost 50% of that was on those bloody landing fees. You can see the difference its going to make to my bank balance at the end of my training.

I still hope something positive comes out of this whole mess (although it's looking less hopeful by the day) and like I said, if the NAC returns in whatever shape or form I'll be back there in a jiffy because it takes me an hour to get to Teeside (2 if some fool veers off of the western by-pass gawping at the Angel).

Hope to see you all up in the air again.

Big Steve