PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-What is Balpa for...??
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2005, 17:14
IronCurtain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Absolutely old boy!

I too have seen no sign of Balpa fighting in our corner for pay parity (or anything else for that matter, the last scheduling agreement was a joke). I'm tired of earning so much less than people in similar positions. However, I'm happy at Flybe and resent feeling pressured to leave purely because of the pants money! What really rubs salt in the wound is receiving the December/January update and seeing that we're in the strongest financial position that we have been in for years.

Rumours of a 4.7% rise are an insult. We have only received one rise in the last several years of 4%, which results in an effective pay cut because of inflation.

The management are the first to admit that Flybe's continued financial success is as a result of everyone's extremely hard work and dedication. It's time for them to put their money where their mouth is (and for Balpa to stand up for the people that have made the airline what it is today!).

Stop wasting money on wooden floors in the training centre and unnecessary taxis and hotel rooms.

I thank you!