PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Pilots worth?
Thread: A Pilots worth?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2005, 15:05
Aunt Mavis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Dears

I asked my nephew Basil about this very subject some time ago when he was working as a lawn mower man after being a captain with a now defunct airline for several years....

He offered me this advice, and I quote....

"Aunt.....Don't ever ask me that again you old whore" (whatever that means - I assume it was complimentary?)

So.....I never did.

Basil eventually moved on to driving cabs and yes, initially he was exploited by ruthless operators but after 15 months in the industry he secured his own command (In taxi talk that means he bought one of the revered "Plates"). He hocked himself up to his little hazel coloured eyeballs to get that first plate, but that was indicative of how much he loved the job. It's been a few years now and young Basil now has 3 plates and doesn't drive at all - others do it for him and he get's a 70% cut - that's my boy !

I do hope my little contribution goes some way to answering your question deary.....but then again maybe it's just the rantings of a senile old lady....

anyway all the best for the future and I do hope your career aspirations are exceeded.

All my love

Mav