PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2005, 14:25
Hope 2 fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAC NACT (current position)

Hi flyers,
The current position as I understand it (which may or may not be correct) is;-

The Administrators hope to complete the sale aspect of their job by sometime on Saturday.
The administrators are independent and legally bound in the way they address the problem.
The Airport Officers as only one of those owed money can not intervene in that legal process.
There is scope within request/information from me to Airport Authority, Local Authority and the Initial offer to Administrators for the proposal within it to enable the charitable option to be tried.
I think that if the Airport Parent Company Board considers info then they may have the option to provide sufficient funds for the administrators to meet their legal requirment to take up offer.
I tried to check re board progress. From my hurried phone call I was led to believe that all being well it will be considered on Wednesday & / or Friday. There is no written confirmation of this & it relies solely on the efforts of Councillor Mole to get it on the agenda and then on board priorities and time for discussion set by the chairperson. Time element is not favourable.
The decision will be business based and then bound by legal administrative procedures, money & time.

I hope this helps with the waiting and that the board have read the latest edition of the New Scientist from which I quote;-

“Giving, grabbing or gormless?
ARE you selfish or generous? Or do you follow the herd, always giving whatever the majority of people deem appropriate?
Society is a mixture of these three types of character, but most of us are the last type, altering our generosity to fit the societal norm, new research has found. It suggests that governments could prompt huge swathes of the population to become more charitable simply by giving more itself or by providing other benevolent role models.”

Flyers in the forum may wish to consider the above if they decide to contribute effort to forming a “steering group” to try and get the best deal for the “victims” either with what happens at Newcastle Airport and or any other place they decied to take their custom.

It is also my understanding that the Original NAC is not completely defunct & buried until the admin process is finished. I think Business Articles and constitutions can contain a clause to cover the resignation or removal of all directors/committee members. This allows for a new small group of members to call an extraordinary general meeting to elect officers providing the meeting is quorate by the constitution. The group of officers could then take part in sorting out the problems & communicate between member victims and the administrators. I think this was tried earlier. It may be possible to resurect the group, re – adopt the name & then build in protective measures like the Trust option with whatever comes out of the admin process.

Personalliy I think an open meeting for all flyers and future flyers in the region is more appropriate as in the long term it is a regional matter not simply the demise of yet another flying club.

In the event a steering group is formed the following organisations may be able to help;-

Newcastle Council for Voluntary Services. Tel; 0191 4884589
I have spoken to them. They may be able to help with clarifying charitable purpose, advice on setting up most suitable legal status ie. Trust plus Company of charitable purpose with Ltd guarentee. Or basic constituted Associations.

N.E.S.E.T., Tel; 01207588534
I have spoken to them. They may be able to help with completting a business development plan.

Both the above I think are essential contacts and procedurs to follow whatever you all decide about joining new groups.

I still think the administrator had the best interest of the victims at heart within their, (i belive) legal duty to get the most money for those it is owed to.

When & if I am informed of outcome I will let you know. I think many of you will know before me
Best of luck
Hope2