PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anybody know details on this Taiwan contract?
Old 25th Jan 2005, 12:58
Lear70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody know details on this Taiwan contract?

Long time listener, first time caller... OK, untrue, I just started reading this board a day or two ago but have a couple questions.

I'm currently flying CRJ's in the U.S. but previous work included 727 and 737 command, thinking about expat flying (getting really tired of crappy pay and 10 days off - might as well double my pay and keep the same days off),and I've seen several contracts come up that I fit into (as does my father, a 767 Captain who just retired early from US Airways to keep what was left of his pension) so the questions are:

Has anyone heard of the contract that Global Flyers is advertising in Taiwain for the 767 at $10,000 a month?

What airline is this contract actually flying for and what are the issues, if any, that they have both pro and con?

How is the quality of life living and flying out of Taipei and what kind of "housing allowance" are they speaking of?

What are they referring to, when discussing renumeration, they say "U.S. income exclusion applies"? I thought all expat flying was U.S. Income Tax Exempt as long as you stay out of country 300 days of the year or more?

Thanks in advance!