PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exodus at FlyBE
Thread: Exodus at FlyBE
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2005, 09:43
excrab

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Er 82 (and others),

Lets put this into perspective for all the wannabees reading this who are getting worried about it all.

Most of the problems in the sim of late have been failures in reccurent training, mainly due to the introduction of new SOPs which they hadn't used before. The two Captains who failed were given extra training and passed the second time, the F/O was also given extra training but unfortunately failed the second time for a totally different reason. He has been given further additional training including observing a full initial course prior to more training and another test. Admittedly there may be others but I haven't heard about them.

Both of the examiners concerned are very experienced TREs and the failures were totally justified. For the benefit of those of you hoping to work for flybe I have spoken to pilots who had their initial LSTs with both of these guys, who reported that they couldn't fault the way the tests were conducted - very professional and relaxed and about as stress free as it can ever be.

Just worry about the interview and the sim check (which is on the 146 sim at woodford and totally out of the control of the dash 8 trainers - as has been mentioned Q400 sim slots are like hens teeth at the moment so you won't do an assesment on it). Having got through the selection, from personal experience I know that the dash 8 training department will do it's upmost to pass you - you only have to talk to the TREs and TRIs in the hotel bar in Stockholm to realise that they are there to pass people, with extra sim sessions being rostered if required - and the same applies to line training once you finish the sim.