PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Student ATC Application II
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2001, 03:39
5milesbaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man-alive

On my course there were about half that got through after their second interview, and from what I know, this is about average. One or two get through on their third attempt too. I'm suprised you got no real feedback, when I failed my first attempt, I wrote back asking for reasons why I failed (I too messed up the Personnel one) and asked for pointers to succeed next time. I got a great response and took it all on board, now being valid at Latcc. They do quiz you about the last try, but as long as you know why you failed, and can say why this time you are improved, it is much easier as the rest of the questions are much the same.

One of the other problems I think I had was my age, I was bang on 18 on the first application. I waited 3 years before trying again to obtain 'life experience' as suggested in my feedback. One year behind a bar and 2 at Uni did the trick. I would have thought your travelling trip would have been a good thing, showing independance to do it, and being active (ie not sitting around in your spare time watching the telly). However if you came across as being a frequent traveller, then this would become a negative point, because you will never get the time off once on-board.

Hope this helps, if you wanna know more, e-mail me by dinging on the icon in the top line of the post, and good luck....

5mb