PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Pilots worth?
Thread: A Pilots worth?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2005, 09:53
7gcbc
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Incredibly Lucky ?

A question of two parts so I'll try and be brief.

Supply and Demand as Kiwi states is always going to be with us, in the late '80s in the Uk if you had a PPL and you walked into a london Hotel you were hired by BA, similarily in my business (Oracle consulting - a pimp to my skillset if one were true about it) if a client wants me and there are no other 7gcgc's around, the rate goes up, likewise if there are thousands of 7gcbcs' sitting at home waiting for the call, I get paid peanuts, its a tight rope sometimes, but I'm used to it now..ish.

The important thing is that when the market takes a down turn, you are left with the people who are actually interested, and this will eventually show through in experience and longevity.

Rental of Owner aircraft. (chimbu)
You guys have no idea (maybe you do) of how lucky and privieged i feel being able to hire a complex single and scoot out to Mudgee or down/up the coast on a scenic with some mates, I mean you just cannot do that at a reasonable price anywhere else in the world (my basis of comparison is the UK and Eire).
and yes, I do treat them like they're my own, this Australia day, I shall be looping, rolling and hammerheading (badly) as I do every australian day. You can't buy that feeling.

Maximus B, to be honest, there are some people with 150 hours and tenfold exprience, and then as you say there are some people with 150 hours, it all depends on the person and the environment they "grew up" in. Its a bit of a generalisation.