PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is anyone actually happy? Anybody?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2005, 07:47
Ultralights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
worked for QF for 11 yrs (engineer) the first 5 yrs were good, loved working on aircraft, and actually using your brain to solve problems, the perks were Ok (free uniform, super, annual and paid sick leave etc) and the money was enough to live on, but that was about it. the last 6 yrs were a very steady decline in conditions and morale. the last year was hell, all i wanted t do was leave! similar situation to the pilots and crew on here, hearing how tuff it is only to see the managers and execs line their own pockets at the staff expense! record profits, the sky is fallign BS from Dixon more and more pressure to get the job done at the lowest cost in time and resources, therefor giving no job satisfaction in doing a job to the best of your ability.
Left in 02, took the redundancy, and it was the best day of my life, now run my own company that is steadily expanding. fortunatly i keep my staff travel privliges for the nest 8 yrs! Been flying GA for the past 16 yrs since legally being able to. (first solo at age 15), my initial dream was to make it to the big jets, but alas, the cost was prohibitive. now i am earning enough to pay for flying and the mortgages, and the family, and now working on building VH- MINE, twin engine aerobatic capable, flying is good and relativle easy in OZ, and im still racking my brain building planes!