PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Conditions
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2005, 06:47
Mactom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm also a Captain at Easy - been here 4 years now. Rostering is pretty good these days and generally stable. However the comment about fatigue above is also true. We may be moving to 5 on 2 off 5 on 4 off in the near future which sounds ok on the face of it. Five earlies here doesn't mean home by 1300 or 1400 though, it means home by 1700/1800 on most days which personally I don't fancy as I hate early starts and the present 3 in a row is enough for me. There's a lot of work gone into this and we are assured it is better than 6 on 3 off which we have now where fatigue is concerned. We will be down to 20 days bookable leave with this system though (effectively four periods of nine days with the wrap around days) where now we are able to book five periods of what turns out to be 12 days off in a row. The company are keen to get 5/2/5/4 in place because it will increase pilot productivity. Have a long hard think about doing this kind of pattern and rate of work (yes it will be 4 sectors most days, sometimes 6 short sectors) on a long term basis and it might not suit you - you will be knackered pretty much most of the time. Summer in easy is pure hard work and you may well not be home every night - I am often rostered weeks at other bases. The comment about watching your kids grow up made me smile - I find I don't see much of my kids when I'm working but yes that's airline life for ya. As long as you come in with your eyes open this is a good company overall and command is still quick but not in the UK anymore - pension is poor though.