PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2005, 22:30
Hope 2 fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAC NACT (waffle & chat from airport internet cafe)

Hi Flyers,
Noise; - I agree with everything you say except I have been in contact with airport authority officers.

In my opinion charitable option is the better option than others I was aware of.(see earlier post).
In addition the two-tier structure has the potential to build in monitoring procedures to attempt failsafe system as mentioned to Gon Tec above. Hopefully avoiding management foul-ups. When both tiers achieve regestered status the legal system should streangthen protection of the resources. It will still rely on the integrity and participation of those involved as any organisation dose.

For my mind the most important ‘better bit’ is the true club spirit that can be achieved by developing a learning environment with a charitable culture of shareing for mutual benefit. Idealistic, I know & not the done thing (in this day & age/ world today) but some people are like that and some clubs do achieve it some of the time.

All charitable doners do not target the needy groups mentioned. The business I mentioned giving £1,000,000 has the capacity to give more to other areas of need.(Northern Rock I believe donates a set % of its profits to charitable & community projects of variouse kinds. Benificiaries changing from time to time) All that aside charity begins at home if the club has a charitable nature members can also contribute individual fund raising activities to buy the planes etc. and the homeless, sick and needy children may then benefit from the clubs own flying activities.

Potential funders of the ‘clubs’ operation are people like Elia and Balinger. Elia was projected in this forum to have charitable feelings for the members. Has anyone asked him yet if he would still be interested in helping in any way? I do not know anything of Mr Balingers proposal has any one asked if he is interested in being charitable or in teemworking.

Perhaps not in driving seat but passengers can effect where the pilots/drivers take them.

Out of depth. I never realy intended getting this far in and never envisaged doing it myself. It is too much for one person alone anyway that is why teemwork can be an advantage. The sum of a team is greater than the sum of the individuals it comprises of. The task I attempted should have been done in the previouse two years by either GAAC. Their objective is to protect GA facilities and ensure its future. Or alternatively The Royal Aero Club Trust & Royal Aero Club Their role is to co-ordinate, promote and protect clubs like NAC I think. Perhaps they should include educational support in their services and aims.

Why were these national organisations not involved earlier?

I imagine that most initial proposals do not have the money up front at that stage. They have until final offer to collate it. I also genuinly believe that RMT would like to have seen the members club survive if at all possible. My proposal was the only one that tried to achieve it I think.

I hope to get my final update from RMT tomorrow so untill then……..

Hope2