PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAS Pilots leaving in huge numbers
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2005, 09:33
triplebogey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies for the confusion. There is no such thing as a "most improved first officer". It was a term given to one of the sons of one of the management pilots while in training school which was "most improved cadet". IMHO it was an award given to him because 1) he was not very good to start with or 2) its to s*ck up to this particular management person and the boy is still not any good.
your first command at the mmoent will be on the 737 or F50 and the youngest 737 capt historically has been 26yo and 777 was 30 if i remember right. But these was just a matter of timing and it so happens these said persons joined at the right time as EY777 has explained it works on a seniority list. At this moment it takes more than 10 years to get command and the time should be longer the later you join.Guys who joined about 11 years ago are only getting their command now and many more who have yet to be promoted.
MAS has a lot of good pilots and rest assured that you will be trained to world standards should you join them as we have seen are sought after by many airlines.BUT as a cadet you will be bonded for 15 yrs and made to pay back the WHOLE amount of your training which i heard these days can run up to about 250k.
On the other hand, since MAS pilots have decided to move to greener pastures where they are treated well and paid market rate(as opposed to grossly underpaid by 2 to 3 times and treated like scum) by the time you have enough hours for command you might make it in min time (bout 7 yrs) and by then you will know what i am talking about and be so fed up you will also leave for other airlines for the same reasons if not more(try not to sign the bond cos you'd be stuck here for 15yrs )

Finally if you are already in the system ...Welcome to the Malaysian Aviation School!!!!!!!!Bling Bling

Kaptin M,
In your experience here you should know by now \'penny wise pound foolish\' is THE way they work around here. Trust me, Percy was just the tip of the iceberg.
You must be one of the guys who has a hand in making us world class. Thanks for that.Maybe one day we will meet somewhere and can share penny wise pound foolish stories.
BTW have you heard that one of not putting toothpicks on the meal trays and also the one where we get 1 page on the roster instead of 2?

Last edited by BlueEagle; 31st Jul 2005 at 05:35.