PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Strike Looms Large at Air Log in the GOM
Old 23rd Jan 2005, 04:35
SASless

Received 558 Likes on 227 Posts
Rotorboy,

How do they get around the foreign ownership hurtle?

They would have to buy an American company in order to obtain the Operating Certificate....hmmmmm....wonder who can be bought in the Gulf?

Felton Baker is getting a bit long in the tooth....or Rotorways....Omni.....what about Tex-Air/ERA?

If TexAir-ERA (think SEACOR here folks) then teamed with CHC....whew! Now we are talking a real marriage....you either ride the company aircraft or the company boat.....but how would that affect OLOG?

If CHC bought into ERA...and with ERA's Alaska operation....that would make CHC a competitor in both the GOM and Alaska. My money is on ERA as being the target. That is the one that gives them the most access to US markets.

Unless they go after OLOG....would that not be a hoot knowing Bristow sold off their share of Canadian years ago. For CHC to wind up owning Bristow via a takeover of OLOG....that would be turnabout is fair play.

I have never flown for a Canadian outfit before....maybe I will get my chance especially if they are getting some real helicopters!