PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 - earlier than expected testing failure ...or not..??
Old 22nd Jan 2005, 21:42
Chambudzi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anti Skid On

I know nothing about Malasian Air's caustic spillage. Another incident all together I suspect

The design fault was in the Yellow system hydraulic pump that insisted on bursting into flame as it wasnt supposed to be a fulltime pump. It was supposed to switch off when the cargo door stopped moving. If it remained on it became red hot, melted and burned. Very fortunately in the case of the Malaysia A/C and the Mauritius A/C the fires started whilst the planes were on the ground. The fires were put out, the fault discovered and all A/C had to have their cargo doors manually pumped open and closed. Eventually over the next year all 330s and 340s were modified and they problem was fixed.
Air Mauritius gave their burnt A/C back to Airbus and asked for another without payment which I believe they were given.

I have no anti Airbus paranoia. I merely say what I know on a subject that happens in this case to be about Airbus.

Your atatement about 767s is pointless, please explain. Has someone somwhere said something about slow Airbuses on the airbus thread.