PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Night Flying and Training (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2005, 19:23
WestWind1950

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@MD900 Explorer

sorry if I appear pushy, I don't intend to... I'm just not getting any clear cut replies!! (our postings seemed to cross).

1. I have no idea how experienced the pilot is... I only know he has been in the business a loooong time

2. It is, as I have already stated, a fare payed flight. Entertainers at an event want a transfer from a town that has no heliport to an airfield with night certification about 10-15 min. away where they plan to pick up a fixed wing flight (as far as I know).

3. I ask myself, too, why they don't just order a taxi or other transportation because of the probable bad weather... the above mentioned airfield is about a half hour car drive away, maybe 45 min.

4. Pushy? I hope not... I have often been here in Rotorheads.. I have a number of Rotorhead friends... sorry if I dare tread where I am not welcome, being that I'm "only" a fixed wing bloke

5. I have asked JAR-FCL questions before in private flying but it got no replies. I am familiar with the German version of JAR-FCL and JAR-OPS and I have the impression that they are handled different in the various countries. The implementation of JAR-FCL in Germany was a catastrophy!!

6. I asked at 2 different German CAA offices (Regierungsbezirke). Both said they would not give permission for such a flight. I had no time to ask any other offices but will perhaps on Monday.... just for interest. I just find it fascinating, that all of you say "go for it!" and yet the "authorities that be" say no....

I have been a pprune for a long time... I wonder that a serious question is approached with such sceptism... I guess I'll stick to JetBlast in the future...

Westy