PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEMS - Regulations and saving life
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2005, 13:16
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
Agitated....no.....did you say anything about this year's rate...no. Are you correct it could have happened to any aircraft that was there....yes. Was "EMS" a contributing factor to the accident...in my view ....yes. The reasons I say that is as stated in my previous post. I agree there was nothing special about the phase of flight but we do have to remember the front seat is reversed and faces aft instead of the normal configuration. That is also EMS specific here....could that have been a contributing factor? Maybe...maybe not.

If it were a corporate aircraft and crashed for exactly the same reason (whatever it turns out to be) under exactly the same circumstances.....it would still show up under the corporate helicopter crash column....and that is my point. If that same aircraft had just dropped off an executive at National Airport and then headed back to the office...and crashed.....we would clearly call it a corporate accident would we not?

No matter the actual cause...no matter how you slice it. This crash lands firmly and squarely in the EMS catagory. We have to chalk this one up to the EMS industry whether EMS operators want to or not.

How are we being mislead if we chalk this one up to the EMS industry?