PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heard on the RT the other day
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2002, 05:56
ImNot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are a few from an e-mail that has been doing the rounds. Apologies if you have seen them before.. .. .The controller who was working a busy pattern told the B727 on. .downwind to make a three-sixty.. .. .The pilot of the 727 complained, "Do you know it costs us two. .thousand dollars to make a three-sixty in this airplane?. .. .Without missing a beat the controller replied, "Roger, give me four. .thousand dollars worth!". .. .A DC-10 had an exceedingly long roll out after landing with his. .approach speed just a little too high.. .. .San Jose Tower: "American 751 heavy, turn right at the end, if able.. .If not able, take the Guadeloupe exit off of Highway 101 and make a. .right at the light to return to the airport.. .. .Tower: "Eastern 702, cleared for takeoff, contact Departure on. .124.7.". .. .Eastern 702: "Tower, Eastern 702 switching to Departure ... by the. .way, after we lifted off, we saw some kind of dead animal on the far. .end of the runway.". .. .Tower: "Continental 635, cleared for takeoff, contact Departure. .on124.7; did you copy the report from Eastern?". .. .Continental 635: "Continental 635, roger, cleared for takeoff; and. .yes, we copied Eastern and we've already notified our. .caterers." . .. .I was a Pan Am 727 Flight Engineer waiting for start clearance in. .Munich, Germany. I was listening to the radio since I was the. .junior crew member. This was the conversation I overheard: (I don't. .recall the call signs any longer). .. .Lufthansa: (In German) "Ground, what is our start clearance time?". .. .Ground: (In English) "If you want an answer you must speak English.". .. .Lufthansa: (In English) "I am a German, flying a German airplane, in. .Germany. Why must I speak English?". .. .Beautiful English Accent: (before ground could answer) "Because you. .lost the bloody war!"