PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rejected at Airforce because of airsickness
Old 21st Jan 2005, 10:54
HOCHWALDSPRUDEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well...that is NORMAL to get sick if s.o. does a 60°-turn with you!....I was sick too when I did my first flight. The instructor made a 60°-turn with me-this idiot.....wanted to show me how good he is....well....after the flight, I wasn't so sure anymore if I should become a pilot!!!!

But I continued and avoided 60°-turns....for quiet a while....later it became better....after I received my PPL and a year later, when I was studying for ATPL, I made my acrobatic flight rating. I went there every day. The first 3 days I WAS SICK AS hell....20 minutes of up-side down, loops and turns....happy to be on ground again...sick, sick sick....close to vomit!!!!

I couldn't do more than one flight per day....the 3rd day I did 2 20minutes flights, with 2 hours rest in between....SICK; SICK; SICK.......THEN CAME THE FOURTH DAY....I actually wanted to stop my acrobatic flight training.....I was depressed about my air sickness.....BUT ON THE FOURTH DAY.....oh WONDER...IT WAS ALL GONE...NO AIR SICKNESS ANYMORE!!! It just disappeared completely.....and suddenly...aerobatics started and turned out to be fun!!!!!

SO....it is all JUST TRAINING!!! One needs 4 days...the other a week.....or yet another a months.....but it has to be practised every day.....if you have once overcome the sickness, a flight once per months or once all 3 months is sufficient (depends on the individual) to resist air sickness (concerning sickness when doing aerobatics!!!). I now haven't done aerobatics for 2 years...so I think...the first 3 days I would feel terrible ill again.
HEADS UP!!!! SHOW IT THOSE IDIOTIC FLIGHT INSTRUCTORS!!!!

AND GOOD LUCK!!!