PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA reply to PPRuNe email re TVL.
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2005, 10:13
Stink Finger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nicola, well done on becoming an active part of this process, all of us here want our industry to be able to work hand in hand with CASA and work towards common goals.

Quote: I also note the comments made by the 'Sword of Damocles' on 23 December 2004 where he asked that the rest of the North Queensland industry who are quite content with their regulator, not to be dragged into the vitriol.

Response: as this is Sword of Damocles first and only post on the forum and responding against the general consensus, perhaps this person has a personal interest in this stopping in its tracks ( as we all do to ensure it doesn't), could i be as rude as to suggest this poster is one of the persons we are talking about within this topic, as opposed to someone within the industry?.

How many people have posted in support of Sword of Damocles ?.

For information, within the BPI topic, there is right now a total of 64 posts from 25 different posters, of these twenty five, only one has had anything positive to say about CASA TL's performance, as has been mentioned, it is not all the members of CASA TL we are finding it impossible to work with.

82.8 % of posts in the BPI are critical of the TLFO TL ( and the other three FOI's previously described ),
15.4 % of posts in the BPI were of a neutral nature,
1.8 % of posts were supportive of the TLFO TL,
18 of the 25 posters are critical of the TLFO TL,
5 of the 25 posters were neutral, and
1 of the 25 poster was supportive of the TLFO TL.

To look at the other posts, BB, FNQ and Does CASA have .....
its again all the same faces, the new addition to the pro CASA group is Creampuff - for those of us that know who creampuff is in the real world, it makes perfect sense ( creampuff, nothing but respect to you, you are entitled to your opinion ).

For quite some time information like what is being presented here has been presented to CASA Management in CB, in just about every form possible, irrate CP's/Directors on the doors step, Motivated Local Members, members of the media ( who were shown the door ), letters, faxes, emails, Documentarys on ABC, AAT hearings, Court Hearings, pretty much every medium available, apparently no action.

If CASA wants to turn over a new leaf, they have to get rid of this dead wood, there is far too much bad blood in the industry from having dealt with these four fools, they have to go before you will be taken seriously.

Soon enough you have to look at the trend here, gee theres alot of people complaining, mmm?.

As a member of the industry i feel it is a shame that the new enforcement proceedures have been commissioned, yes it protects us, but from whom or what ?, now CASA effectively can't do squat, without a long drawn out trip to the AAT, to date CASA has a pretty terrible record at the AAT, to what end, De-empowering of CASA, is this good ?.

These new proceedures have been commissioned to control over zealous CASA types as described within these topics.

I, and i am sure many others like me will engage in this process, but if no action is seen, and soon, we will vote with our feet, assuming of course Australia is still a democracy.

Stink. The Woomera team accepts implicitly the necessity of an accountable regulator and accepts that the vast majority of CASA employees are dedicated to ensuring safe air travel. If rogue elements exist, we are totally confident CASA management will take appropriate action.

The fact CASA saw fit to respond to an anonymous aviation bulletin board is indicative of their desire to work harmoniously with industry to achieve their legislative objectives. That in itself is possibly a fundamental philosophical change from what many believe has been their historical perspective. For that, Ms Hinder and CASA management must be applauded.

I believe our task is now to support CASA to ensure change both benefits the industry and the traveling public.

Woomera

Last edited by Stink Finger; 21st Jan 2005 at 11:52.