PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS PENSION - IN DANGER?!
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2001, 19:19
Goldfish Watcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hmm

After my last post, I read the memo circulating the ops room about this issue. I began to feel a little more positive..... But now I have had time to think - I'm not so sure.

First. PPP was supposed to bring fresh investment into NATS that the Government weren't prepared to provide. OK September 11th has changed a few things, but if there are to be massive savings from the company paying zero to the pension fund surely they should be making some investment too - not pocketing the savings.

The pension fund is ours too, why can't the pension holiday be shared? Company pays a little, we pay a little.

The improvement to 58ths seems good, but as it has already been said, this might be difficult to sustain. Great for the 'nearly deads' but what about us youngsters, still under 30 - what lies ahead?

I'm still not clear on the Unions view of this. Maybe they are happy. If not then it looks like Management have simply out negotiated the Union again. This begs the question -
"Who is negotiating on behalf of the Union"
If it's ATCO members, then do they really stand a chance negotiating with professional managers?

Just a thought

[ 26 November 2001: Message edited by: Goldfish Watcher ]