PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 - earlier than expected testing failure ...or not..??
Old 21st Jan 2005, 08:18
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AB is not the only producer of aeroplanes where errors happen. You can catalogue similar mistakes from all manufacturers. I wasn't saying they were perfect. I will say AB aircraft are in very extensive service in SE Asia/India/China. This area has the most exotic weather I have ever seen. Thunderstorms like no others. They have a brilliant service record, with no unusual crashes. IF something happens, then maybe there is a case to answer, but until that time, then this is just another rumour like all the others.
I have no particular drum to beat about AB. I fly Boeings, and like them. But AB produce a superb line, and the A380 is the jewel on the crown, and I think when I see some of the unsubstantiated nonsense and idiotic rumour spreading here about any aeroplane, then it should be challenged. We appear to have Lu versus the rest of the world inc. FAA, CAA, JAA, experience.......I'm inclined to believe it is a claim without foundation. Why should x hundred aeroplanes be changed on somebody's whim?