PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Branson's new Aussie flight plan
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2005, 00:28
Don Esson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BS,

Appreciate what you are saying which is hard to refute we need to think long term. We all need to be very careful of these pr!cks (MJ and GD) as they have a short term focus so that they can achieve their short term targets and thus 'earn' their large bonuses. They will be gone by the time the damage is done as a result of their greed.

What to do about this is the dilemma as all small shareholders are essentially without voice. Does the Board and Qantas's major shareholders have a long term vision for the company. if they have, its pretty well hidden. Do they suffer tunnell vision and myopia? British Airways didn't hang around for long, did they?

I am doing my bit by writing to politicians in the hope that they do care about the nation's future and will add their weight to meaningfully support the cries of many who are saying 'enough is enough'. I encourage others to do likewise. If enough speak up, the the pollies may listen and discover that there's some sense in what we are saying. Even if Qantas does export more jobs off-shore, or sells more to foreign interests, we need to do all we can to protect what is left, and to not ignore the 30,000 plus Australiands and their families who are relying on Qantas for the meal tickets. Some are not worth helping but the majority are good, hard working decent people who need all the support we can lend.