PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2005, 22:15
Hope 2 fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NACT & NACC (steering group nominations)

Hi Flyers,
Will the people I nominate please forgive me for doing so without proper consultation & protocol. It is difficult to communicate in these circumstances and limited time scale. I recognise they may not want the responsibility or be in a position to take it. I cannot think of any other way to make progress given the circumstances of not knowing people and this forum being my only way of communicating with the flying community in the region. The process of establishing a pilot team/steering group will clarify to me if there is the will, among those who expressed an interest in winning there club back, to co-operate and activly do something to achieve that objective. Perhaps more importantly it will show if the pioneering spirit of the clubs founders lives on or not.

1) H999 ;- has demonstrated a will to act & help others particularly in comunication.

2) Sean377;- has also demonstrated a will to act & help others co-operatively.
I think they both recognised my difficulties, what I was trying to achieve, have an open mind about people who may be different and seem willing to listen and consider trying something new.

3) vacant place nominated person not in position to accept.

4) Elia Golfin;- Has all the necessary attributes to build a successful flying business and demonstrated a willingness to foster the club spirit and contribute to its development.

In my oppinion it will be mutually benificial to his clubs and any future club here that may arrise from this process. We can learn a lot from the wider activity base in American clubs. It is apparently cheeper to have a fortnight flying holiday over there with forty hrs flying time. Than it is for thirty hours flying over here. I think it makes good sence to foster this link that may grow into exchanges & joint activities with American clubs.I hope he is willing to donate his expertise.

5) Fifth Element;-. I believe it will be essential to have a person in the team who is able to co-operate effectively with the airport authority officers. A local person with acknowledged integrity would be important to establish credibility of any club hoping to operate from Newcastle Airport.

I leave it to the Ppruners to nominate the Fifth Element Person.

In my oppinion 3 delegates is the minimum number to make progress possible, five is probable adaquate, seven might be better to lighten the load. The target is five people.

If the above people are not in a position to accept the nomination it is understood and accepted. I apologise for putting them in this position it is a lot of responsibility to take on especially without clarifying what it involves first.. Would you all please publically accept or decline.
It’s up to Ppruner’s interested in developing a Newcastle flying club to fill vacancies. Communicate among themselves to provide seconders. Then we see what happens?

Good luck
Hope2
PS where there is a will there is a way to achieve this through your own contact networks.