PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 - earlier than expected testing failure ...or not..??
Old 20th Jan 2005, 21:12
Lu Zuckerman

Iconoclast

Location: The home of Dudley Dooright-Where the lead dog is the only one that gets a change of scenery.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions, rumors and facts.

To: Rainboe

Everything I said above was turned over to the FAA but in greater detail including the names of the offending firms. It is true this aircraft is still flying and it will continue to fly until it flies into or near a thunderstorm with the slats partially extended. The lightning can attach on the nose with no effect. If it attaches on the partially extended slat the next noise you hear is "BOOM"

Send me your e-mail address along with your affiliation and I will send the complete information. This same information was posted on Rotorheads but it was removed for being controversial.

I forgot to add that this aircraft can suffer from uncommanded flap and slat movement and the pilots can't stop it because the flap slat computer was never adequately tested nor were the flaps. BAe was aware of this and they still certificated the wing.