PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in Western USA
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2005, 09:44
Just another student

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the help! This kind of advice is invaluable. Would I need to purchase the Grand canyon chart if I were to just land at Canyon international rather than venturing out into the canyon?
The idea of flying over it sounds amazing, but as a few people mentioned GPS is invaluable and I doubt I will have one.

I'm hoping that aircraft performance won't be degraded too much, from what I have heard, the Canyon is high and cool rather than hot and high at this time of year.

slim_slag .... I don't like the idea of hypoxia, so don't worry I won't be flying that high lol

Englishal.... Isn't the Chicken ranch on aufweidersehn pet? Looks a cool place lol

VisaGeeza.... Are the avionics fairly basic at ADP then? As long as the planes fly ok I'm happy.

Vegas at night may be a problem, I will be driving to Vegas for a few days (stopping at New York, New York) but I may only fly there in the day time. I will be night checked, but I don't fancy straying too far away at night.

Everyone says that ATC are excellent in the area, so I look forward to using there service.

Has anyone flown into Koak?

Thanks for the replies