PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life Flight YMML
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2005, 07:36
talklimited

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh.....I have misunderstood. If a spare part is purchased, the cost of which is partly or fully covered from charitable donations, it ONLY is used on the ‘non commercial’ Community EMS helicopter. Along with separate fuel installations at your base, one for the EMS “community” helicopter, the other for the ‘commercial’ helicopter? That is like believing your existing French Antarctic contract is not a commercial venture. Oh, and didn’t we see the Community EMS helicopter fighting fires in all parts of the land of OZ when it was the only one you had?

Simply typing the largest number of words does not automatically ensure truthfulness and believability.

I’m yet to meet a pilot, paid in accordance with the Award that drives a “BMW” and receives other benefits to the extent displayed by some of the LF personnel. How about putting that benefit back into the Community you so often mention, and take a less privileged package.

Now this one has me confused;

Again, we do not compete with commercial operators... and if we do undertake work along side commercial operators (such as fire fighting) it is done at the maximum rate we can get!!

So LF does not compete, they undertake work along side. Mmmmm.......now that’s one to ponder. The LF costs needed to be recovered from the same cake (commercial work available) are less than those of a commercial operator competing for the same work. FACT.

And Brett, I wouldn’t get too hung up on the fact that over 90% (my guess) of ppruners use a ‘handle’, as last I looked, this was a ‘rumor network’. That’s what happens on these forums you know!

Well at least we got you on back after you said you were finished with us.