PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How stable is EFPS?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2005, 23:23
Vlad the Impaler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gonzo,
That is the issue that many of us had before we went live. The system (I think) can be considered reliable with the NAS link and all the other kit that interfaces with it. From that point of view we were the guinea pigs and you don't have that concern, it IS stable and very reliable. I still have grave concerns over your lack of contingency. We have had no cause to use it in three months or so but past performance is no indication of future performance..........BUT....if it goes tits up, and lets face it, for any number of unforseen circumstances it could, you NEED some kind of back up. I cannot believe as our esteemed moderator says that the safety case does not provide for this eventuality. Seriously guys, get it sorted. EFPS is a damned good system, easy to use, easy to learn and when you get used to it, generally a labour saving device but nothing is perfect. With paper strips, as you all know, nobody can take them away when the kit fails. With electronics, if the screen dies or both servers have simultaneous epileptic fits, however unlikely and we all know that **** happens, YOU NEED A BACKUP.
OK. I think point made, back in my box now.....