PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recruitment Agencies - stick to secretaries
Old 6th Aug 2001, 13:16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yaw(n)

Problem: You have a hang-up about working for an agency.
Solution: Don't work for an agency.

I don't know if it gets any simpler than that?

Working for an agency suits me (and has for the last 3 years) because I can sign up to fly for 6 months at a time without any long-term commitments. When my 6 months are done, I usually don't work for between 2 and 6 months, depending on what plans I have. In doing so, I also don't end up p!ssing employers off by changing jobs every 6 months and thus screwing up their planning, or running out of options after a while.

The people that employ me short-term are happy to have me because I don't whinge about every little problem that surfaces. I come to work, do my job and buzz-off home at the end of the season. I don't sue for unfair dismissal when the contract runs out or into trouble, and I come back next year when they need me again.

That's fair enough, I believe.
-------------------------------------

LargeJet
I won't give you cash numbers over here, but your best bet (if it suits you) is to contact the older, established agancies. I'm sure you'll know who they are. If you do take up a contract, remember the fine print is alway negotiable! I'm operating the Classic at the moment, but I'm sure you should find lots available on your more modern type. Good luck.