PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kemble - a great lunch destination?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2005, 18:38
carpet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Algirdas and all

I have indeed registered to make a point and perhaps should have made myself a little clearer. Having nothing to do with flying myself, this my first visit to PPrune.

I merely wanted to point out that it is not the fault of the AV8 staff that they are seriously undermanned on a busy day, nor are the prices set by them. So stop having a pop at them.

I registered after they showed me the comments here and on other forums, which are all valid, but the STAFF CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. These insults are all taken to heart by the girls, and they have been extremely hurt by what has been said, as they DO THEIR BEST, despite what other PPrune members think. They ask time and time again for more staff on good weather days, but as I said in my earlier post, they can't get them.

Yes, you may see them having a discussion, because they are trying to find out where a customer is to serve food to them, or even arguing, but this is because they are under so much pressure when it's busy they let off steam at each other. Probably not the right thing to do, but we're all human, aren't we?

Try and be a little more understanding of their position - it's basically an impossible one. AV8 is trying to be a cafe, restaurant, bistro, pub, coffee house and airfield social club all in one. I think it needs to decide to be one or the other.

I too am a paying customer (I frequent AV8 pretty much daily), but I am not averse to helping out behind the bar on a busy day in exchange for a free pint or a sandwich.

What would you all like to see? A greasy spoon, coffee bar, posh restaurant - maybe some feedback on this point to management would help. But please stop having a go at the staff.