PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this Spyware, a virus or something else?
Old 19th Jan 2005, 15:50
goates

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sky_Captain,

Evo is right about most people using Linux. Unless you want to get your hands dirty with computers and operating systems, it's best to avoid it for now.

I built my own Windows machine, and occasionally play around with Linux. Every time I end up dropping Linux as it takes too much time to just set up and keep running. When it comes to getting work done, I would much rather use a Mac.

It shouldn't just be the IT folks complaining about Windows. Everybody should be. Apple has developed a system that can do virtually everything Windows can, but better and more securely. Yes Microsoft can't control the hardware as well as Apple can, but they can control the quality and security of the operating system. And so far they have chosen not to.

The settings to use for Gmail POP access should be under the settings or preferences in your Gmail account. I can't check from work though to see if they give special instructions for Thunderbird though.

goates

PS - Here is a link looking at the cost of the Mac Minis compared to PCs. Basically there isn't much of a difference.

http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/edit...nges/index.php