PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life Flight YMML
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2005, 13:07
talklimited

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
never let the truth get in the way

Let’s not be hood-winked by this charity argument that the profits benefit the community therefore its ok.

Take an operator like John Eacott. He has a BK117, the same type as LF operate. When they both tender for the same commercial contract, and let’s say that both operators have the same DOC and need to recover these from the prospective tender, John must price his bid to fully recover his costs and then add some profit. LF can recover some of their costs from the corporate sponsorship and tax-deductible donations they receive from all sources. Therefore they can go in at a lower price (and do so) to win the tender.

Where in that is the level playing field?

LF are getting a free leg up in bids due to their effective lower operating costs as a result of their charity status and the donations they get. People who wish to donate to John’s business won’t get a tax deduction so there is no incentive to do so.

If the LF’s of this world are allow to unfairly compete with commercial operators, the commercial operators will go out of business. Where will your adhoc helicopters come from then when there are insufficient contract machines around to fight fires?

AusSar is a government body that pays taxpayers money to any suitable operator during a SAR event. So it makes no difference if you are a SAR/EMS operator or a commercial operator in that regard.

And I have spoken to 4 previous employees, and they ALL tell a very different story to that which has been presented by Brett. His readiness to involve legal firms in his dealings with people is well practiced.

If all the profits go back into the “community”, can I come and drive the BMW’s or what ever the latest ‘company cars’ are and be paid a similar benefits package that certain individuals receive in LF?

Brett, me thinks you do protest too much.

PS....love ya guess work buddy!