PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this Spyware, a virus or something else?
Old 19th Jan 2005, 10:25
Evo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SC - it wasn't me who suggested a Mac. Nor would I recommend Betamax VCRs....
Not a fair comparison, BEagle. If you have an informed criticism of the Mac I'm happy to hear it, but it would be a shame if your passing troll put someone off what may be an ideal computer for their needs.

There are, of course, perfectly valid reasons why a Mac isn't for you. They're useless for games. Some people also enjoy putting together a computer themselves, to their own specification, and you can't really do that with a Mac. Also, while the cheaper Macs are good value, the more expensive models compare poorly (IMHO) with the PC in any 'bang for buck' measure.

Any technically-competent user can cope with Windows, and the improved price/performance of the PC platform helps offset the negatives that come with Windows. However, as a general-purpose computer for someone who isn't a computer expert - and doesn't want to have to become one - a Mac is ideal. If you step back and compare XP/Home SP2 with Outlook Express and Internet Explorer with OSX with Mail and Safari from the point of view of a novice it's laughable how poor Windows is.

Ooops. I bit.

Last edited by Evo; 19th Jan 2005 at 15:55.