PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kemble - a great lunch destination?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2005, 07:47
Timothy

Sub Judice Angel Lovegod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are a couple of things I would take issue with:
they all do the best that they can
This is simply untrue. I have been there several times when the staff have been chatting behind the bar, in one case having a blazing row, when customers were waiting to be served. There is one barman (I don't know if he is still there) who likes/d to show how resentful he is that his afternoon is being disturbed by the need to serve a drink.
I always thought pilots were broad minded people with a lot more common sense than most, but it seems that they are actually as narrow-minded as the rest of the bigots out there
What planet are you from?!?! Why do pilots want to be pilots? Is it not to do with a sense of freedom and a belief in self-reliance? Do they not have to doggedly acheive despite set-backs? Do they not have a sense of superiority over others? And where did they get the means to aford to fly? Many work very hard in an unassuming way, I am sure, but how many got there via inherited wealth or being ruthless in business?

I have many good, kind, gentle friends who are pilots, but I know just as many who are pushy, arrogant and remarkably bigotted. To convince yourself otherwise is a severe case of rose-tinted spectacles.

Pop into Jet-blast if you think pilots are not bigotted!