PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin ‘Happy Hour’ Innovation – Fares from $1
Old 19th Jan 2005, 00:50
PureRisk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pete!.......... once again (and Im not having a go at you) I think you may be missing again a bit of the lager picture.

It is very easy for all of us to put a slant or view things how we want. But in Qantas terms lets look at a few things. Jetstar asia has not opened at all to how dixon predicted or wants. Operating a new airline in asia in singapore on their terms is much different to Oz.
Jetstar here have more or less taken up routes on Q market and hence taken pretty much there traffic. Look at the figures and you will see last months traffic was still pretty much unchanged.

Its easy to say that Dixon is hedging his bets etc in different ways i.e Jetconnect, Jetstar, Jetstar asia etc etc. But all these are Q owned and there capital and bottom line is obviously Qantas'.

I have no doubt that all these seperate entities are a blocking move but I think also to lower the qantas mainline conditions,

As I also said add on the fact that Q's biggest profit maker routes are about to be opened up (the sy -La) and I think It may be a bit of a bumpy ride.
In terms of the biggest pockets, I think if you look at the size of Patricks pockets combined with bransons and you will see that it dwarfs that of Dixons and Co's. especially when you look at the Q cost compared to profit. As I said before Q operate on a much thinnner line than those of any other airline in the world. The profits are big but so is the cost. If its a long battle I think you may be surprised who falls (especially if the LA profits start sliding.) You may not agree and think Q are invinsible but that is what BA thought, United thought In terms of the LCC's. intereting times indeed ...............