PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2005, 23:44
BigSteve81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

Hope2 - Money taken away from needy children and other good causes, I certainly wouldn't like that to happen, even if it is the airports money and would save our club. I have done work for some of the north east's needy causes in the past and in my view they need every penny they get.

Noise - your right, what is this "Masterplan"?

I've just had a look through this document and in my opinion (I may be wrong so correct me if you wish, after all I'm just a daft sparkie), all it is, is some possible statistics on future traffic, alongside some 'bumpff' about the airports commitment to the local environment, and a bit more 'bumpff' on how future development of the place may help local industry (which will help or has helped get the council on their side when making any planning applications and could also be used to try and calm any public objection to any new develpoments) and then more 'bumpff' on the type of 'possible' developments that could take place on site (which could be used to attract more hotel developers/car hire companies etc etc into setting up there). I noted many uses of the words 'could' and 'may' throughout the entire document.

BahrainLad

So, previous posters who stated that "the Masterplan shows no future for the Aeroclub" can be accused of scare-mongering?
Not necessarily mate, I'm not implying anything unseemingly of the airport here and I am just using this as an example but just because the building the club occupied was untouchable doesn't mean they couldn't touch the club. The building is listed, not the club. Like it has been said in previous posts by others, it may become a corporate doss house or and office of some sort, it doesn't necessarily need to be knocked down to fit in with any redevelopment, but as Centrefix said with it recently being downgraded, it may well have a visit from the bulldozers sooner rather than never.
Cant disagree with your previous post though.

cagivawally

Being just a simple chap £200K debt approx 500 members =£400 per member loan/donation/additional sub = No debt= Solvent club and no administration.
This was already tried mate, although (again people, correct me if i'm wrong) the letter sent to us last year stated debts of 'around 100K' meaning 200 pounds per member.
We were asked for more if we could afford it and anything if we couldn't afford the 200. I'm not sure of the numbers of people who paid or how much was raised but all who did lost their money.

Good night all,

Big Steve

PS. Better press that submit button soon or i'll be changing that to 'good morning'