PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this Spyware, a virus or something else?
Old 18th Jan 2005, 23:25
Sky_Captain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honestly Goates, I will be taking your advice and investing in a MAC for my home PC, my current one running on XP Pro is in terrible troube. I downloaded SP2, and both the D and E drives failed to load properly, and even after trying to un-install and re-install through the device manager aswell as trying other methods they have failed to load, and i'm told I need to re-install SP2 to fix the problem, but how can I do that without the CD-ROM?
There are some days I feel like throwing it out the window, but for now I invested in a new laptop and want to stick with it. I will indeed look into your suggestions of the other programmes, as for the firewalls, well I'm a little unsure about programme types, all I know is that zone alarm pro contains a firewall, aswell as the firewall that came with SP2.

Ps. If you have any suggestions on any paritcular MAC systems that would be suitable for mostly home use, I'd love to hear them as i've never looked into buying one before

Thanks for the reply,

Land After, thanks for the link, but to ask the silly question, Thunderbird, is it the same as outlook express or is it a stand alone e-mail system that will give me a new address. I just signed on to gmail because of the inbox capacity and don't want to give it up, but unfortunatly it won't work with outlook express because it doesn't have whatever the POP3 (or something like that) linking capability?

S.C.