PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Malta - What are they like?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2005, 22:05
BAe 146-100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for your replies. Air Malta sound fine, just what I expected really.

igb56

It is an Airtours holiday, I'm presuming that the flights would have originally been operated by MyTravel, but it looks like MYT have subcharted the MAN-PFO-MAN Sunday flight to Air Malta. My flight has actually been operating since October last year.

Are UK based planes kept here or do they work in with UK - MLA diagrams?

From Air Malta website:

Two dedicated Airbus A320 aircraft in 180-seat configuration in Air Malta colours operate the series and Air Malta’s UK-based engineering personnel, cabin crew and flight crew, support the flights.

The aircraft that are operating the programme from airports such as Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow as well as regional airports in the United Kingdom to a number of destinations in Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal to name but a few, are the leased Airbus A320s with registration 9H-ADY and 9H-AER. These aircraft, together with crew, will be based in the UK. Both aircraft have substantial pre-planned and confirmed programmes that generate high utilisation during the peak 23 weeks between May and October 2004.

ZRH

Your experience doesn't sound too good, but that was in 2003 and on a 737-300 and with MLA based crew. The UK charter operation sounds fine from what MadsDad said.

Regards
BAe 146